This is one of those listicles articles that everyone loves that I did for WhichWinery.
Top 10 Reasons why we Love Rosé
10. You’re Upgraded to Patriot Status Just for Drinking it in July
Next to the French, Americans are the #1 consumers of rosé in the world. Score!
9. It’s Perfect for Chillin’.
Now that we’ve moved into the summer months, dry reds can take a back seat to crisp, cold rosés. Chill them to 45-55 degrees and enjoy poolside, at a backyard BBQ or when you’re playing hooky from work. (Hijacking a parade float is completely optional.)
8. It’s Perfect for Really Chillin’.
We’re talking frozen-style. It’s hot outside, so cool off with a boozy twist on a summer classic and create some rosé popsicles or ice cubes for your next outdoor bash or brunch party.
7. Pairs Well with “Free-Outdoor-Events-in-the-Park” Season.
Movies in the park. Music in the park. Hula hooping in the park. Whatever your “in-the-park” summer activity might be, pack some rosé to complement any cheese plates, fruit or charcuterie.
6. Actually, Rose Pairs Well with Any Food.
Rosés are welcome on the dining table throughout all courses of your meal. Starting with melon-wrapped prosciutto appetizers to seared scallops and all the way to sweet apertifs. You won’t be disappointed with how rosés stand up to anything.
5. Rosé Cuts through the Heat in Your Summer.
4. Rosé flatters your summer tan—no matter what color you are rocking.
Rosés range in color from ruby red, pale pink to peachy. It’s the one wine we can all look good with while drinking. This alone calls for a celebration.
3. Great Rosé Comes from All Over the World.
2. It’s Not Your Mom’s White Zinfandel.
You know what we’re talking about–the sticky sweet wine that your mom drinks with an ice cube in it. While rosés share similar hues to blush wines, great rosés have flavor profiles that are more on the dry side. Although dry, you’ll still find cherry blossom and floral aromas alongside strawberry and airy citrus flavor profiles. Try some drier rosés this summer, and you’ll get the thumbs-up approval.
1. Real Men Drink Rosé .