I am a competitive, passionate and enthusiastic self-starter who seeks to utilize my agency background, writing skills, digital expertise and strategic thinking for your next successful project.
Weber Shandwick, Digital PR department, Chicago, IL; 2013
- Created written and visual content for National Pork Board social media channels, digital campaigns and marketing activations.
Weber Shandwick was named “2012 Digital PR Firm of the Year” by PR News.
Writer and User Experience Team Member
Vaynermedia, Creative Team, New York City; April 2012 – Sept. 2012
- Lead copywriter for Del Monte, Oprah Winfrey Network, Zappos, Brooklyn Nets and PepsiCo.
- Created social media campaigns that integrated emerging media, grew communities, prepped content strategies and calendars and designed user flows and wireframes.
Marketing Coordinator and Content Creation Manager
Northern Arizona University, Marketing Department, Flagstaff, AZ; April 2011 - April 2012
- Leading the complete content conversion transformation of the university’s web content to optimize the user experience. 300+ sites. Learn more about my project: Elevating the Digital Experience at Northern Arizona University.
- Managing a team of six writers and content strategists.
- Training university departments on how to best make social work for them.
- Conceptualizing, writing and creating brand campaign videos for the website.
Velocidi; August 2011 – Present (company website)
Edelman Digital & Magnani Continuum Marketing; April 2010 – April 2011
- Lead copywriter for Global Microsoft Partner Network B2B online campaign, Adobe Photoshop’s 20th Anniversary campaign, Adobe Lightroom and various Marriott hotels.
- Brand voice and guidelines creator for Adaptu & web writing advisor for their in-house team.
Edelman Digital, Creative Team, Chicago & San Francisco; January 2009 – March 2010
- Started in the Chicago office and led copy projects for the New York and L.A. offices.
- Transferred to San Francisco with my creative director to develop a creative department to service the art and copy needs for all Edelman west coast offices.
- In San Francisco, I was the one and only copywriter for the west coast offices–providing copywriting and editing support.
- Responsibilities: Interactive and social media solutions, copy and conversation engagement for eBay, HP, Palm, Levi’s, Microsoft, Unilever, Adobe, Netflix, Amtrak, Disney and more.
Edelman is the world’s largest independent public relations firm with more than 3,300 employees in 51 offices worldwide. The firm was named PRWeek’s “2009 Agency of the Year” and made the AdAge: Agency “A-List” in 2010.
Magnani Continuum Marketing, Creative Team, Chicago, IL; November 2006 – January 2009
- Lead copywriter for Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels and Entertainment Cruises.
- Company blog manager and shortstop for the softball team.
I earned my chops writing hundreds of printed advertisements, but I knew the seismic shift of social media was coming. That was 2007 for me. By 2008, I was teaching company-wide seminars on social media, presenting social media in business pitches and crafting campaigns solely based on building consumer relationships socially.
Drive Agency, Creative Team, St. Louis, MO; May 2006 – November 2006
Conceptualized and wrote websites, YouTube videos, print ads and branding platforms for Anheuser-Busch–Bud Light, Bud Sports, Jekyll & Hyde, Purus Vodka, Stone Hill beer and Red Bridge beer.
B.A. in Advertising and Marketing Communications, Psychology minor
Webster University, Cum Laude
International Study Geneva, Switzerland, 2005